A Curious Mind W(o/a)nders

Saturday, January 02, 2010

An Unequal Game

-
What is me,
I ponder, ponder...fail to grasp...

A summation of faculties and senses..?
A package of genes battling to survive..?
A set of values, principles and ideals..?
Or maybe just a combination of circumstances and conditions...

My own self, its mysteries and depths,
Its enigmas, novelties and vicissitudes,
I know not, I fully comprehend not...

Yet in this lifetime...in this universe,
This obscure, perpetually-rebelling rag-tag army of me is all I possess,
It is all I have on my side in the game;
This game of pleading, coaxing, bullying or tricking Reality, whatever works,
Into revealing the “meaning of it all”...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:46 pm, July 13, 2011, Blogger Sohini Sinha said…

    Stumbled upon your blog while looking for the lyrics for Bawra Man. I quite enjoyed reading what you've written, especially this piece.

     
  • At 9:50 pm, July 13, 2011, Blogger Sohini Sinha said…

    Stumbled upon your blog while looking for the lyrics for Bawra Man. I quite enjoyed reading what you've written, especially this piece.

     
  • At 12:15 pm, July 22, 2011, Blogger Sohini Sinha said…

    I found a Ghalib couplet … and it set me thinking. Have you ever wondered what it would have been like if you didn’t exist? How would the people you love be? I was thinking of all the people in whose life I thought I mattered - would there have been someone else in my place? Would they have been more happy or less? Would there have been someone else sitting in my chair, in my office and doing the work i do... What would the universe be if i were not in it? I've been whiling away my time at work trying to imagine who would live in my flat, sleep in my bed, read my books, wear the clothes and earrings that I think I own...If someone else were the child to my parents, friend to my friends. Would someone else paint the pictures I paint or think the thoughts that I think? What am I? And what for am I?

    Na tha kuchh to KHuda tha, kuchh na hota to KHuda hota. Duboya mujh ko hone ne; na hota maiN, to kya hota?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home